Today's Research is Tomorrow's Practice
For 40 years, the Urology Care Foundation has been nurturing the future of urological medicine and research. For hundreds of young men and women, our Research Scholars Awards Program provided the funding opportunity that launched their successful careers as urology researchers.
The result of these small investments?
- Millions of dollars in additional research funding
- New avenues of study
- Hundreds of advancements in the treatment of disorders of the urinary tract and male reproductive system
"The impact is indelible," says Larry Lipshultz, MD, Chief of Male Reproductive Medicine and Surgery Division at Baylor University. In 1975, he made a little history when he became the foundation's first ever grant recipient.
Dr. Lipshultz has made a bit more history since.
- He has helped shape current male reproductive medicine
- He has helped infertile couples have the babies they desperately wanted
- And he's mentored 80 young research trainees at the beginnings of their careers
"The Research Scholars Award Program has made a critical difference to the practice of urology," Dr. Lipshultz says. "These bright young researchers have gone on to lead important studies of new ways to diagnose and treat urologic disorders."
"When you support the Foundation, you help jumpstart their futures-and help improve the future for hundreds of thousands of men, women and children."
Interested in learning about the ways to get involved with the Urology Care Foundation? Visit our Make a Difference section