This site has been written and reviewed by American Urological Association Members and experts in urology.
- None of the information posted on this Web site is intended to convey medical advice, nor to substitute for direct medical consultation with a Board-certified urologist or other qualified medical practitioner, regarding individual health needs.
- None of the opinions or recommendations expressed herein by third parties is endorsed or vouched for by the American Urological Association, Inc., by the American Urological Association Education and Research, Inc., or by the Urology Care Foundation, or other parties. Such comments must be taken solely as the opinions of their authors.
- Moreover, none of the products nor services mentioned herein, nor referenced by advertisements or hyperlinks, may be taken as endorsed or recommended by the American Urological Association, Inc., or its affiliated entities.
- The American Urological Association, Inc. expressly disclaims all liability and legal responsibility for the information contained or referenced in, posted by others in, or linked to its Web site. No warranties may be implied, but all are expressly disclaimed to the full extent permitted by law.
- This Web site incorporates guidelines only, and does not establish a fixed set of rules or define the legal standard of care. As medical knowledge expands and technology advances, these guidelines will change. Today they represent not absolute mandates but provisional proposals or recommendations for treatment under the specific conditions described. For all these reasons, the guidelines do not preempt physician judgment in individual cases. Also, treating physicians must take into account variations in resources, and in patient tolerances, needs and preferences. Conformance with the best practice policy reflected in this Web site cannot guarantee a successful outcome.
- www.KnowYourStats.org does not host or receive funding from advertising.
The Urology Care Foundation encourages organizations and individuals to link to www.KnowYourStats.org and www.UrologyHealth.org. Permission is not required before linking however the following guidelines should be followed:
- Users may not frame or alter the appearance of www.KnowYourStats.org or www.UrologyHealth.org.
- Users may not imply affiliation with the sites.
- Users may not reproduce www.KnowYourStats.org or www.UrologyHealth.org content on other Web sites.
- Users may not use any AUA, Urology Care Foundation, Know Your Stats, or UrologyHealth.org trademark or logo.
- Links should utilize plain text.
Urology Care Foundation may redesign, update or move pages without notice, so users who are linking to the site should routinely check any links to ensure accuracy.
KnowYourStats.org or UrologyHealth.org and all its contents are intended solely for personal, noncommercial use. Contents displayed on the site may be copied or downloaded for your personal use only. No right, title, or interest in any downloaded materials or software is transferred as a result of any such downloading or copying. Users may not reproduce (except as noted above), publish, transmit, distribute, display, modify, create derivative works from, sell or participate in any sale of or exploit in any way, in whole or in part, any of the contents of this site.Privacy Statement
Multiple Corporate Structure, Membership and Affiliations. The AMERICAN UROLOGICAL ASSOCIATION consists of three Maryland corporations, namely:
- the American Urological Association, Inc., a professional association representing its members in health policy and related matters;
- the American Urological Association Education and Research, Inc., a separate charitable and educational organization enjoying tax-exempt status; and
- the Urology Care Foundation, a charitable patient education, research and advocacy foundation. Affiliated with both AUA corporations are its eight regional Sections. Both of the AUA corporations are membership corporations, while the only members of the Foundation are its 13 physician Directors (same as Directors of the AUA corporations).
The names "American Urological Association, Inc.," "AUA," and the AUA logo, are registered trademarks of the American Urological Association, Inc., and may not be used by any other party without express written permission of the American Urological Association, Inc. Likewise, the names and logo of the Foundation are registered, and may not be used without permission. All materials posted on this Web site are subject to copyrights owned by the Urology Care Foundation, the American Urological Association, Inc., or the American Urological Association Education and Research, Inc., or by other parties and used with permission. These materials may not be reproduced, retransmitted or hyperlinked without express written permission of AUA's authorized representative. Any and all schedules, lists of AUA members, and similar postings are solely for the use and convenience of AUA members and the public, and may not be downloaded or otherwise employed for any commercial purposes whatsoever.
Requests for permission or inquiries should be directed by e-mail to email@example.com.
The Urology Care Foundation seeks to ensure that e-mail promotional announcements are sent only to recipients identifying an interest in the subject matter. The Urology Care Foundation will take steps to ensure that all e-mail promotional announcements contain a marketing-specific subject line, concise promotional copy, accurate reply instructions, appropriate legal disclaimers, and unsubscribe instructions.
The Urology Care Foundation will timely honor all "unsubscribe" requests by properly coding the database.
The Urology Care Foundation will not share, rent or sell e-mail list to vendors for the purposes of promoting outside products or services, or for any reason whatsoever.
We only use information collected on KnowYourStats.org and UrologyHealth.org for reply and/or site improvements only, and do not distribute this information to third parties.
We deploy technology to protect the information you send us.
Cookies are used to keep track of information to allow a better user experience, and this information is kept confidential within the AUA.
The Urology Care Foundation has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy and protection of users. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this web site: KnowYourStats.org.
KnowYourStats.org contains areas and forms that require user registration to give us contact information (e.g., name and e-mail address), unique identifiers (e.g. system I.D. number), financial information (e.g., account or credit card numbers) and demographic information (e.g., ZIP code, age or special interest area).
Financial information that is collected is used to bill the user for products and services. Unique identifiers (such as I.D. number) are collected to verify the user's identity. Demographic and profile data is also collected at our site. All data is used only for AUA purposes, to serve you better.
This site contains links to other sites. KnowYourStats.org is not responsible for the privacy practices or for the content of such Web sites.
KnowYourStats.org on-line surveys ask users and members for contact information (such as e-mail address) and demographic information (including ZIP code and age). We use contact data from our surveys to send the user information about our Association. The customer's contact information is also used to contact the visitor when necessary.
This web site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control.
Contacting the Web Site If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this web site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.