2011 Pfizer/Urology Care Foundation Research Exploration Award Program
Applicants must go to the Pfizer/Urology Care Foundation Female Urology and Voiding Dysfunction Research Exploration Award's site at www.UrologyHealth.org/researchawards2011 to view the Program Announcement and information regarding the program. To register and apply for an award, click on the "Online Application" icon that appears on the site to link to the application page.
All applications and supporting materials for 2011 awards must be received by 5:00 PM EST on December 22, 2010. Late or incomplete submissions will not be reviewed.
All proposals should be single-spaced, up to 8 pages (not including references), and should address each of the following sections:
- Statement of objectives
- Relevance of proposed study to advancing the understanding of overactive bladder and voiding dysfunctions
- Hypothesis or rationale
- Please describe how the exploratory research proposed may lead to improved diagnosis or management of non-cancer lower urinary tract diseases and conditions
- Experimental/research design
- Methodology (including methods of statistical analysis)
- Sample size/power calculation
- Potential problems and strategies for overcoming them
- Expected outcome
- Study Relevance to Past Work
- Please describe relevant past work by you and other investigators in the proposed area of research, including references (reports of unpublished research will be considered confidential)
- Initial Results to Support Study (if applicable)
- Please provide data previously collected to support your research, if available.
In addition to the proposal, the following documents must be uploaded in the online application for your grant to be reviewed:
- An abbreviated curriculum vitae (limited to 3 pages)
- A budget of no more than $75,000 including direct and indirect costs. Studies must be designed to be completed within 18 consecutive months after receipt of funding and/or drug supply, yielding results that would merit submission as an abstract to a scientific meeting and subsequent publication in a peer-reviewed journal. Travel costs should not be included in submitted budget.
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
All communication regarding application procedures for the Pfizer/Urology Care Foundation Research Exploration Awards program should be directed to:
Research Programs Manager
Urology Care Foundation
1000 Corporate Boulevard
Linthicum, MD 21090
(866) 746-4282 x3750
(410) 689-3850 (fax)