Urology Care Foundation Urology Research Success Award
Applicants must complete the online forms AND upload one complete PDF file document that includes all other items in the stated order. Any application documentation, other than that provided in the existing grant, critiques or score sheet, using less than a 12-point font will not be reviewed.
Complete all sections of the online registration:
- Applicant information
- Project information
- Download and complete an Application Agreement Form.
Prepare the application package to include all documents in the order stated on the Application Checklist (pages 11 and 12):
- Application Agreement Form with all necessary signatures and grant administrator contact information
- A NIH-style biosketch, including research support information, highlighting the Applicant's accomplishments as a scientist.
- A statement of current other support. This includes all financial resources, whether Federal, non-Federal, commercial or institutional, available in direct support of an individual's research endeavors, including but not limited to research grants, cooperative agreements, contracts, and/or institutional awards. Training awards, prizes, or gifts are not included.
- Letter from the Applicant that includes the following:
- Name of the member organization (AUA or AUA-affiliated specialty society) and member number of the Applicant
- The aims and status of the project
- Why the research is important
- A research plan for use of the Urology Research Success Award, addressing specific points in the review critique and justification of how the award will allow the development of a competitive re-application
- A statement that the project is receiving no external funding
- Plans for future funding and the Applicant's statement to re-applyfor external funding no later than December 31, 2012
- Budget justification worksheet detailing the direct costs the Urology Research Success Award will be used for. Although up to $10,000 can be requested, it is expected that Applicants will only request funds needed to either: 1) continue/commence research while awaiting receipt of funds from a successful grant application or 2) respond to the specific criticisms in the review critiques of an unsuccessful award that will be resubmitted. Specific experiments should be documented, and a timeline for completion should be included.
- Letter from the Applicant's department chair detailing research environment, institutional support and commitment to applicant, including protected time for research.
- Copy of the grant application package, including summary sheets and scores *
* Please note that grants, summary sheets and scores are confidential documents. However, these items are required for this grant mechanism.
Scan all materials into one complete PDF file.
The application package must be SUBMITTED electronically no later than 11:59 p.m. LOCAL time on Thursday, December1, 2011. Applications that are late or incomplete will not be considered or reviewed for funding.
Lay Language Statement and Photo for UrologyHealth.org
All Applicants are required to submit a short paragraph (5 – 6 sentences) lay language statement about their research project and headshot to be posted under the current Urology Care Foundation-supported research at www.UrologyHealth.org and in press releases and other promotional materials for the program. When taking the photo, please use the highest quality setting on the camera, at least 3 mega pixels.
Statements and photos will be due no later than December 8, 2011. The statement and photo should be submitted via e-mail to grants@UrologyCareFoundation.org. This information will only be used for promotion purposes described above. These will not be shared with reviewers and will not impact the review process or decisions of the reviewers.