Urology Care Foundation Urology Research Success Award
The awards are on a contract basis. Failure to meet the terms of the agreement may result in repayment of the award. The requirements are to:
- Provide a copy of the current IRB approval letter if activities involving human subjects are planned during the proposed research.
- Provide a copy of the current IACUC approval letter if activities involving vertebrate animals are planned during the proposed research.
- Notify the Urology Care Foundation of any personnel, location or project status changes that occur after the award announcement until funding re-application.
- Provide acknowledgement of support in any publication or presentation arising from work supported by the Urology Care Foundation. Such acknowledgement should read:
"This work was supported in part by an Urology Care Foundation Urology Research Success Award."
- Send the Urology Care Foundation copies of articles published regarding Urology Care Foundation-funded research.
- Each year the Urology Care Foundation requests the Institutional Grant Administrator to submit an Institutional Accountability Report. This report re-affirms that the institution is adhering to all terms of the Program Announcement and Institution Agreement Form. Continued funding is contingent upon receipt of a satisfactory report. A final Institutional Accountability Report should be included in the Final Progress Report package, which is due within 30 days of receiving results of the re-application.
- If the Applicant's original grant application was scored but not funded, the Applicant must re-apply for external funding no later than December 31, 2012.
- Send the Urology Care Foundation a copy of the application submission confirmation from the funding agency at the time of re-submission.
- Provide the Urology Care Foundation a copy of the resulting summary sheets and scores *, a Final Progress Report and an Institutional Accountability Report within 30 days of receiving results of the re-application. The Final Progress Report should be 1-2 pages in length and detail how the Urology Research Success Award was beneficial towards the development of the re-application, and/or implementation of the research plan.
* Please note that grants, summary sheets and scores are confidential documents. However, these items are required for this grant mechanism.
Urology Care Foundation Research-Related Activities
Each year, the Urology Care Foundation coordinates several events designed to advance urology research and provide educational venues, especially for young investigators. Attendance to the Urology Care Foundation Scholars Breakfast, Urology Care Foundation Research Forum, Urology Care Foundation Basic Science Symposium, and the Urology Care Foundation Summer Research Conference (depending on the topic) is required for investigators funded by the Urology Care Foundation Urology Research Success Awards. Attendance to the Grantscraft Course is requested, but not required. Unless prior approval is given, failure to attend an event will disqualify the Applicant from receiving a scholarship or future payments. Travel awards or other means of travel support may be available.
- Urology Care Foundation Scholar Awards Breakfast: All Urology Care Foundation Scholars and Awardees are acknowledged at the Urology Care Foundation Scholar Awards Breakfast, which is held during the AUA Annual Meeting. Attending the Urology Care Foundation Scholar Awards Breakfast is required for all investigators funded by the Urology Care Foundation.
- Urology Care Foundation Research Forum: Each year at the AUA Annual Meeting, the Research Forum provides a venue showcasing the research of promising young investigators. All investigators funded by the Urology Care Foundation are required to attend the Research Forum.
- Urology Care Foundation Basic Science Symposium: Each year on the Friday afternoon before the AUA Annual Meeting, the Basic Science Symposium (BSS) assembles premier investigators in scientific areas associated with an overarching topic of significance to urology research. The BSS has a different scientific theme and topic each year. If the topic is associated with the research being conducted by the Awardee, they would be required to attend the conference.
- Urology Care Foundation Summer Research Conference: The Summer Research Conference provides an intense and intimate forum for young investigators to meet research leaders, hear about emerging research concepts and methods, network with participants and speakers, learn about new methods and techniques, and receive mentoring and advice on research career activities. The conference is typically held each August and has a different scientific theme and scientific topic each year. If the topic is associated with the research being conducted by the Awardee, they would be required to attend the conference.
- Grantscraft Course: At times during the AUA Annual Meeting, an educational course is offered to assist researchers in improving their grant writing skills. The course offers information on where to find grant opportunities, preparing an effective grant application, and the peer review process. Program Officers from federal agencies are usually in attendance to provide information on current funding mechanisms. There may be a fee associated with the course. If so, you must attend the entire course and request reimbursement of the fee from the Urology Care Foundation Office of Research within 15 days after the course. Attendance to the Grantscraft Course is requested, but not required.
Lay Language Statement and Photo for UrologyHealth.org
All Applicants are required to submit a short paragraph (5 – 6 sentences) lay language statement about their research project and headshot to be posted under the current AUA Foundation-supported research at www.UrologyHealth.org and in press releases and other promotional materials for the program. When taking the photo, please use the highest quality setting on the camera, at least 3 mega pixels.
Statements and photos will be due no later than December 8, 2011. The statement and photo should be submitted via e-mail to grants@UrologyCareFoundation.org. This information will only be used for promotion purposes described above. These will not be shared with reviewers and will not impact the review process or decisions of the reviewers.
Failure to adhere to these requirements and/or provide appropriate documentation will result in repayment of the award and may be reflected in the consideration for future AUA and Urology Care Foundation awards.