History of the Office of Research
The Urology Care Foundation has supported research since 1975 through our Research Scholars Program. Supported by a voluntary scientific committee consisting of researchers, physicians and patients (hopefully in future) the Foundation research efforts operate with the following goals:
- To develop, implement and monitor a national agenda and strategy for urologic research.
- To build, develop and maintain effective relationships with the urology research community and urology funding programs both Federal and non-Federal.
- To identify, communicate and stimulate funding opportunities for urologic investigators
- To build the cohort of future urologic disease research leaders and foster their success at all levels.
- To evaluate research programs to ensure they meet the needs of the AUA, the Urology Care Foundation, the research community, and the field of urology research.
Since its inception, the research program within the Urology Care Foundation has grown in size, complexity, and importance to the AUA, and the research community at large. Currently we: administer seven research grant programs; manage 22 research projects, four annual events and meetings; steward a nearly $11 million research portfolio.