History of the Office of Research
The American Urological Association (AUA) Office of Research is a leader in the field of funding quality, innovative basic science and translational urology research. Since its inception, the research program has grown in size, complexity and importance to the AUA, and the research community at large. Since 1975, the AUA has supported pioneering research and research training programs through our Research Scholars Program. Maintained by a voluntary scientific committee consisting of expert researchers and physicians, the research efforts of this program operate with the following goals:
- develop, implement and monitor a comprehensive national agenda and strategy for urologic research.
- build, develop and maintain effective and strong relationships with the urology research community and federal and non-federal urology funding programs.
- identify, communicate and stimulate funding opportunities for urologic investigators.
- build the cohort of future urologic disease research leaders and foster their success at all levels.
- evaluate research programs to ensure they meet the needs of the AUA, the Urology Care Foundation, the research community and the field of urology research.