Some Questions You Might Ask Your Health Care Provider about Low Testosterone
When you go to see your doctor, you may be a bit nervous. It will help if you make a list of the most important things on your mind. Here are some ideas:
- What tests will I need to find out if I need Testosterone Therapy (TT)?
- Will I have to repeat these tests? If so, how often?
- Does a Low-T level make it hard for me to make sperm?
- Will TT help me to be more fertile?
- What methods of TT are there? Which one would you suggest for me? Why?
- I have diabetes. Does this mean I will need TT?
- I have trouble getting an erection. Will TT help with sexual function?
- During or after treatment, are there any changes I can make to my life and routine to help keep my testosterone level normal?
- My son was born with low testosterone. Will he need TT all his life?
- Are there support groups to help my son cope with his TD?
- Heart disease is in my family. Is it safe for me to have TT?