You may be referred to a urologist specializing in neurogenic conditions of the bladder. Use the Find-a-Urologist tool to find a specialist near you. Choose "incontinence" as a "special interest area" to find urologists who specialize in helping patients who leak urine.
Questions To Ask Your Health Care Provider
- What causes neurogenic bladder?
- Can neurogenic bladder be prevented?
- Can you help me or do I need to see a specialist in neurourology? If so, how can I find the right one for me?
- Will I need to have tests to find out what is causing my neurogenic bladder?
- Would you explain each test and why you are recommending them?
- What types of treatment are available for neurogenic bladder?
- Are there side effects of treatment?
- What are the pros and cons of each type of treatment?
- What treatment do you recommend for me and why?
- What happens if the first treatment doesn't help?
- Are there any lifestyle changes I can make that could help my symptoms?