Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
It's Time to Talk About SUI Frequently Asked Questions
Questions to ask your healthcare provider when being diagnosed:
- What is causing my urine leakage problem?
- Do you think that I have SUI?
- What have my test results showed?
Questions to ask your healthcare provider about non-surgical treatment:
- What are my treatment choices, other than surgery?
- Are there any risks to vaginal inserts?
- Do you recommend one option for me over another?
- Will non-surgical treatment be enough for me?
Questions to ask about surgery:
- What are my surgery choices?
- What surgery do you recommend for me and why?
- How likely is each option going to cure or improve my leaks?
- What are the risks of sling surgery?
- How long will this treatment last?
- For slings: what type of sling material is the best choice for me and why?
- Is this surgery covered by my insurance?
- How many of these surgeries have you done, and how many do you perform yearly?
- What happens if I don't do this surgery now?
- Is any testing needed before surgery?
- Can you explain the test results to me?
- What kind of anesthesia will I need for this surgery?
- Should I get a second opinion? Why or why not?
- How will I feel right after my surgery? In the first week? From then on?
- What is the recovery time?
- Will I be limited in any way and for how long? Can I drive?
- When can I go back to work?
- What can I do to improve my quality of life now?