By: Urology Care Foundation | Posted on: 04 Jan 2017
2016 was an exciting year for the Urology Care Foundation! Reaching people through Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram was a great way to help share stories of urology, health and education. Here are our 5 most popular Tweets from 2016:
5. In October we hosted the Bladder Health Alliance Roundtable Meeting. Working together with patient advocates, we promoted awareness and teamwork with the American Urological Association (AUA) to have November named as Bladder Health Month in the United States.
4. In the week leading up to Super Bowl 50 in San Francisco, our Know Your Stats About Prostate Cancer survivor and spokesman Mike Haynes met with the BBC SportsHour to raise awareness of this disease. Mike is also a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame (Class of 1997).
3. At the 2016 AUA Annual Meeting in San Diego, we launched our Patient Education posters series! The posters are free and ready to download here.
2. One of our most popular Patient Education posters is our resource on smoking and urologic health. This poster shows facts on how smoking impacts your urological health and raises your risk of conditions.
1. Sometimes all it takes is a little urology humor to make Friday great.