Posted on: 29 Jul 2022
Total: 1h | Prep: 15m | Serves: 8
Nutritional Information: 447 calories, 9.5g fat, 38mg cholesterol, 150mg sodium, 70.3mg carbohydrates, 4.2g fiber, 19.6g protein, 352mg calcium
July 29th is World Lasagna Day! Lasagna is a food that Americans have adopted from Italy as a family favorite. This three cheese veggie lasagna uses a rich white sauce to add a creamy taste with added calcium. The healthy vegetables are mixed within. This hearty meal is easy on the bladder and may satisfy your hunger, which may also help maintain a healthy weight. Gather round the table and enjoy this tasty meal with friends and family!
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 onion, diced
1 yellow squash, cubed
3 cloves garlic, crushed
5 ounce bag of kale-broccoli slaw
(or shredded kale)
1 15-ounce container fat free ricotta cheese
½ cup low fat shredded Swiss cheese
3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
3 cups fat free milk
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 package no-boil lasagna, divided into thirds
Ground green pepper to taste as garnish
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
1. Spray 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray (olive oil spray is great).
2. Heat oil in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and squash; cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Stir in kale and garlic; cook, stirring constantly, until wilted, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat; let cool 5 minutes. Stir in ricotta, Swiss & parmesan cheeses until well mixed. Set aside.
3. To make sauce, whisk together milk and flour in medium saucepan until smooth. Cook over medium heat whisking constantly, until sauce comes to a boil and thickens, about 8 minutes.
4. Layer ingredients into baking dish: ½-cup sauce in bottom of dish, top with 1/ 3 of noodles (3-4 noodles), overlapping slightly and then top with ½ of veggie mixture over noodles. Repeat. The top layer will include last 1/ 3 of noodles and the remaining sauce.
5. Cover lasagna loosely with foil. Bake 45 minutes. Remove foil, bake until hot and bubbly, about 10 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Serve and Enjoy!
For more recipes like this, check out The Urology Care Foundation's Living Healthy: Fight Kidney Stones with Food Cookbook.
Share Your Story
Have a story to share? The Urology Care Foundation invites you to share your experience with a urologic condition and how it has affected you or your family.
Make a Differnece
Your tax-deductible gift will help support the millions of patients who are faced with urologic disease. Together, we care.