By: Urology Care Foundation | Posted on: 20 Dec 2016
2016 has been a stellar year for the Urology Care Foundation. The Foundation has achieved several milestones this year, which wouldn't have been possible without the support of our donors. But, we still have more to do!
Our supporters are part of the reason the Foundation remains the premier resource for the most current and reliable urologic health information for patients and medical professionals.
In the past year, the Foundation has:
- Invested nearly $2 million to support over 40 early career investigators with research training.
- Increased total number of urologic researchers funded from 35 to 43.
- Received a record number of applications for our research awards, a 79% increase over 2015.
- Rallied support on Capitol Hill to have November 2016 named as "National Bladder Health Month" in the United States.
- Circulated more than 253,000 copies of our free quarterly patient magazine, UrologyHealth extra®, including expanded distribution to 42 Veteran Centers in 23 states.
- Distributed more than half a million educational resources developed by medical experts.
- Provided millions of web visitors with access to information on hundreds of urologic conditions through our website.
Your support will allow the Foundation to continue to carry out our mission. Together, we can continue improving prevention, early diagnosis and treatment of often life-altering urologic diseases and urologic cancers, through supporting research and education.
We've made great strides in the last year, but there is still more we can do and we can't do it without your support. Please help us with a year-end gift to the Foundation. Your gift will allow us to sustain our funding in urological research and expand our ability to provide free education and resources. These resources empower people to play an active role in their care and make informed decisions about their health.
Together, we are ensuring the future of urologic health!