The most common symptom is the feeling of a vaginal bulge. A bulge in the vagina is something you can see or feel.
Other signs and symptoms that may be related to prolapse are:
- frequent voiding or the urge to pass urine
- urinary incontinence (unwanted loss of urine)
- not feeling relief right after voiding
- frequent urinary tract infections
- pain in the vagina, pelvis, lower abdomen, groin or lower back
- heaviness or pressure in the vaginal area
- sex that is painful
- tissue sticking out of the vagina that may be tender and/or bleeding
Some cases of prolapse may not cause any symptoms.