More Information

Find-a-Urologist Tool

You may be referred to a urologist specializing in neurogenic conditions of the bladder. Use the Find-a-Urologist tool to find a specialist near you. Choose "incontinence" as a "special interest area" to find urologists who specialize in helping patients who leak urine.

Questions To Ask Your Health Care Provider

  • What causes neurogenic bladder?
  • Can neurogenic bladder be prevented?
  • Can you help me or do I need to see a specialist in neurourology? If so, how can I find the right one for me?
  • Will I need to have tests to find out what is causing my neurogenic bladder?
  • Would you explain each test and why you are recommending them?
  • What types of treatment are available for neurogenic bladder?
  • Are there side effects of treatment?
  • What are the pros and cons of each type of treatment?
  • What treatment do you recommend for me and why?
  • What happens if the first treatment doesn't help?
  • Are there any lifestyle changes I can make that could help my symptoms?