- Do the exam while standing.
- Look for swelling in the scrotum.
- Gently feel the scrotal sac to find a testicle.
- Check each testicle one at a time by firmly and gently rolling it between the thumb and fingers of both hands to feel the whole surface.
- It is normal for one testicle to be slightly larger than the other
- It is normal to feel a cord-like structure (called the epididymis) on the top and back of each testicle
Check with your health care provider:
- if you find a small, hard lump (pea size)
- if there is swelling, pain or soreness
- if you see or feel any other changes.