By: Urology Care Foundation | Posted on: 08 Dec 2015
Take advantage of the extra time you spend inside this winter to make some tasty meals. Here is a recipe for Apple Crisp. It's made with ‘good for you' ingredients - and won't bother a sensitive bladder.
Makes 6 servings, 1 cup each
Calories per serving: 260
5 medium apples
1 cup granulated sugar
1-1/4 cups white all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup oatmeal
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1/4 cup shortening
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Spray a 9" x 9" pan with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Peel, core and slice apples.
4. Mix 1 cup granulated sugar, 3 tablespoons flour and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Add sliced apples and toss to coat.
5. Pour apple mixture into prepared pan.
6. Mix oatmeal, remaining flour, brown sugar, remaining cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder. Cut butter and vegetable shortening into this mixture with a pastry blender or a fork.
7. Pour topping over apples.
8. Bake for 1 hour.