Posted on: 11 Mar 2022
Total: 40m | Prep: 20m | Serves: 4
245 calories, 13g fat, 75mg cholesterol, 61mg sodium, 9g carbohydrates, 1g fiber, 23g protein, 26mg calcium
March is Kidney Health Month! Using herbs and spices helps reduce salt without missing flavor. This meal will look good, taste great and will be a healthy choice for fighting kidney stones. Serve it with couscous and sautéed bok choy for a very satisfying, highly nutritious meal in less than 30 minutes!
4 slices of salmon (about the size of a deck of cards) rinsed with water
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon salt-free seasoning blend
2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
4 lemon slices
4 tablespoons lemon juice
½ cup white wine
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
1. Brush top and bottom of salmon fillets with olive oil and flavor with seasoning blend and chopped rosemary.
2. Place each piece of seasoned salmon on a piece of aluminum foil.
3. Top each piece with 1 lemon slice, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, ½ tablespoon of wine.
4. Wrap salmon tightly in the foil packets.
5. Place the foil packets in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. Alternate: place foil packets on hot grill and cook for 10 minutes, flipping once.
6. Test fish to see that the fish is flaky before serving.
Enjoy this Main Meal with a side of Bok Choy
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 cups bok choy (2 bunches), rinsed well (especially between stalks)
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
½ cup low-salt chicken or vegetable stock
½ fresh lemon
In a large pan, heat olive oil. Drop in the bok choy, garlic, and low-salt stock. Stir and cover to cook for 3-5 minutes until the leaves are soft, but still have a crunch. Mix occasionally. Squeeze fresh lemon on top and mix it in.
Share Your Story
Have a story to share? The Urology Care Foundation invites you to share your experience with a urologic condition and how it has affected you or your family.
Make a Differnece
Your tax-deductible gift will help support the millions of patients who are faced with urologic disease. Together, we care.